Oceaneering Contract Administrator in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Provide strategic contracting analysis/advice and full life cycle support to Navy clients, including negotiating and administering contracts with the US government and subcontracts with prime contractors across the full range of contract types. Analyze solicitations, provide advice regarding potential business risks and proposal strategies, including compliance with requirements and pricing approach, and review and negotiate terms and conditions of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts, and subcontracts in accordance with the company’s risk policies and procedures and industry best practices. Provide subject matter guidance on all issues related to contracting from pre-award through post-award administration. Ensure appropriate documentation is acquired and entered into the company's standard database in a timely manner, develop and maintain relationships with key government procurement officials, and monitor trends in federal procurement and the impact to the portfolio of contracts. Leverage negotiation skills, handle multiple priorities effectively, work with a wide variety of technical and project management staff, leverage general knowledge of financial issues, profit and loss implications, and knowledge of federal procurement topics. Provide day-to-day contracting support for an assigned workload of client contracts, task orders, and proposals.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance issued by the U.S. government.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
- Please, visit this link to determine if you would be eligable for a clearance: https://www.clearancejobs.com/securityclearancefaq.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all phases of contract administration which include: participating in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, customer activities in accordance with company policies, contract and legal requirements, and customer specifications, and contract close-out.
- Review and negotiate Teaming Agreements and Non-disclosure Agreements in accordance with ADTECH procedures.
- Develop training materials and conduct training with Program Managers and Project Managers.
- Present contract instructions at internal kick-off meetings.
- Identify potential adverse compliance issues for resolution.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure cost, technical, quality and contractual objectives are being met using independent judgment and creativity for resolution of contract issues
- May mentor and train less experienced professionals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3-6 years of experience with the formation and administration of contracts for contractor support services for DoD clients.
- Experience with proposals, negotiations, and resolution of issues during contract performance.
- Experience in the negotiation of contractual documents.
- Knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and other US government procurement regulations.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- BA or BS degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Strong analysis and administration capability; effective interpersonal and negotiation skills, sound decision making, and ability to successfully prioritize conflicting demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Contract Administrator
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 12068
Full/Part Time: Full-Time