Leidos Installation Team Lead in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
The ILC Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Installation Team Lead to work in our Chesapeake, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. In this mission we conduct maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems in support of our customer.
• Represent the Leidos Integration and Logistics Center in a professional manner, and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers
• Ensure projects are completed according to contractual requirements and meet all required milestones
• Maintain Plan of Action and Milestones and generate progress reports to accurately communicate job progress
• Deconflict production issues on the deck plate
• Maintain integrity of Quality Management System, follow established guidelines and procedures, and maintain QMS documentation throughout installation
• Perform shipchecks and evaluate drawings/prints in preparation and execution of installations
• Maintain schedule for team, monitor progress, and evaluate workmanship.
• Develop, maintain, and complete QA/QESH workbooks for installation.
• Mentor Junior team members in installation best practices.
• Comply with all federal and local laws, OSHA STDs, NAVSEA STDs, MIL-STDs and ILC QESH Program requirements when handling HAZMAT and industrial waste.
• Observe and adhere to all safety regulations and procedures applicable to installation work. Mentor all team members on safety and ensure all team members comply with applicable safety regulations and procedures through training assigned personnel.
• Provide oversight for various subcontractors utilized.
• Lead personnel in a professional manner, with fairness and equality.
• Create a positive work environment and motivate crew to accomplish tasking.
• Lead by example.
**External referral eligible.
• Minimum 4 years of direct experience conducting, and leading field installation projects as the lead.
• Installation experience is required in electrical upgrades of Combat and other major Shipboard Electronic Systems.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
• Maintain passport and valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to travel.
• Able to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders.
• Experience with connector fabrication (copper and/or fiber).
• Experience with shipboard power modifications to include load centers.
• Understanding of TS9090-310 requirements.
• Experience with WAFs/Tag-outs/TUMS/ESOMS.
• Experience with RMMCO Check-in and Check-out.
• Structural installation experience
• Understanding of HVAC and cooling water systems
• Understanding of welding practices
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.