CB&I Equipment Operator 2 in Newport News, Virginia
Operate several types of power construction equipment, such as backhoes, excavators, hoe rams, bulldozers, track loaders, rubber tire loaders, scrapers, end dumps, compactors, skid steer or motor graders, to excavate, move and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement. May repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties.
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
- Excavates, moves, and grades earth in a safe and productive manner for construction purposes.
- May work on unlevel working surfaces and be required to manipulate equipment.
- Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
- Moves hand levers, adjusts hand wheels and depresses pedals to operate machines and control attachments such as blades, buckets and scrapers.
- May maintain equipment using grease gun and oil can.
- Fastens attachments, connects hydraulic hoses, belts and linkages.
- May perform minor repairs.
- Inspects equipment on a daily basis to insure safe operation, before use.
- Will be required to pass certification testing prior to operating some equipment.
- Annual physical examination required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all company safety and project policies. Perform other duties as required.
Must be knowledgeable in OSHA regulations regarding excavation methods and practices. May require the ability to read survey stakes for alignment and grading. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record. May be required to maintain CDL. Must be 18 years of age or older with the ability to lift up to 60 pounds, ability to pass pre employment physical and drug screen. May be required to pass company or client background check. Maintain 40 hour HAZWOPER and annual 8 hour refresher, Must be able to perform duties of equipment operator while utilizing different levels of PPE and respiratory equipment and be able to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions, Must have the ability to read, write and understand math and English. Must be available for travel over extended periods of time on short notice. Must have up to 3 years experience operating one or more of the following equipment: skid steer, rubber tire loader, backhoe, roller/compactor, dump truck, water truck or off-road trucks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled