LongView International Systems Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
LTS is seeking a System Engineer to join our team in leading the successful implementation of an Information Technology (IT) Engineering support services project located in Norfolk, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 8 years of experience managing and leading complex projects.
- Expert knowledge of all elements of System Development Lifecycle including System Definition, Development, Design, Analysis & Control, Integration and Testing.
- Experience performing systems engineering trade studies, Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), system definition in support of efforts in the formulation, implementation and/or operations phases.
- Experience with developing and providing the government with Architecture Specification.
- Experience with developing and providing the government with Software Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Experience with developing and providing the government with Interface Requirements Specifications (IRS).
- Windows System Administration experience
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of server hardware and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN); NAS and/or SAN storage technologies.
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Maintain Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience evaluate the adequacy of existing or developmental equipment and systems to meet current and future requirements with normal growth considered.
- Experience evaluating operability, reliability, and maintainability in intended environments.
- Experience assessing interoperability with other systems.
- Experience coordinating with to ensure adequacy of requirement definition, including life cycle sustainment and verification & validation of system effectiveness and suitability in the operating environment.
- Experience with requirements analysis, functional analysis & allocation, design synthesis, development testing, operational testing, conducting & leading Technical Reviews.
- Overall Enterprise Architecture knowledge and experience
- Overall DoD experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with managers and Senior Level IT leaders
- Strong customer support and customer management skills
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Versed on MS office products including, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Self-motivated individual willing to work in a challenging environment
Other Desired Skills
- Overall DoD 5000 process
- Overall Information Assurance knowledge and experience
- Experience with UNIX environments
- Experience with ACAS servers and scanners
- BS in Applied Science, Computing, Engineering or Engineering Technology or 8 – 10 years of equivalent work experience.
- Defense Acquisition University Level III Systems Engineering Certified Preferred.
- Active Secret security clearance.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Code: 1104
# of Openings: 1